Call Us Anytime, Day or Night!
High-pressure drain jetting, also known as hydro jetting or water jetting, is a highly effective method for cleaning and unclogging drains and sewer lines. It involves the use of pressurized water to remove blockages, debris, grease, and other obstructions from pipes and drainage systems.
This service is typically provided by professional plumbing or drain cleaning companies and is widely used to maintain the proper functioning of plumbing systems and prevent backups and clogs.
Here is some key information about high-pressure drain jetting services:
- Equipment: High-pressure drain jetting equipment consists of a high-powered pump and a specialized nozzle that can direct a powerful stream of water into the affected pipe or drain.
- Pressure Levels: The water pressure used in hydrojetting can vary but is typically in the range of 3,000 to 4,000 pounds per square inch (psi). This high pressure is necessary to effectively remove obstructions and buildup in the pipes.
- Versatility: Hydro jetting can be used for a wide range of drain and sewer cleaning applications, including residential, commercial, and industrial systems. It can effectively clear drains, sewer lines, stormwater systems, and more.
- Effectiveness: Hydro jetting is highly effective at removing common blockage causes, such as tree roots, grease, mineral deposits, soap scum, hair, food debris, and more. It can thoroughly clean the inside of pipes and restore their flow capacity.
- Environmentally Friendly: Hydrojetting is an environmentally friendly option for drain cleaning because it doesn’t rely on harsh chemicals or toxins. It uses only water, making it safe for the environment.
- Preventive Maintenance: Many property owners and businesses use hydro-jetting as part of their routine maintenance to prevent major clogs and backups. Regular maintenance can extend the life of plumbing systems and prevent costly repairs.
- Professional Service: High-pressure drain jetting should be performed by trained and experienced professionals. The equipment can be dangerous if mishandled, and it’s important to ensure that the service provider is knowledgeable about the specific needs of your system.
- Safety: Safety precautions are essential when using high-pressure water equipment. Protective gear and proper training are necessary for the individuals operating the equipment.
- Cost: The cost of high-pressure drain jetting can vary depending on the location, the complexity of the job, and the severity of the clog or blockage. It is typically more expensive than other drain cleaning methods like snaking but is often more effective.
- Maintenance Recommendations: After hydrojetting, it’s advisable to implement preventive measures to avoid future blockages. Regular maintenance and the proper disposal of grease, oils, and other materials down the drain can help prolong the benefits of the service.